Thursday, September 16, 2010

Get Shorty's

Shorty Pics

Shorty

I chose to do this narrative the way I did to give the feeling of a long journey. As you read, there are pictures in the background that flow into each other to create a very linear feel to the story. Everything in the background directly relates to what is being said in the written text to help the reader visualize the whole adventure. I used actual pictures of the restaurant and food because they were available and most important to the story; however everything else was just images that could be related to the story. I used images such as the man traveling down the road to instill the feeling of hopelessness that I felt when we were lost. Then in contrast I used an image of a far off distant light to show the feeling of retribution we felt when we finally found our way. The pictures of the dog, the family, and the van are not the actual ones from my life, but they help the reader get a picture of the initial warm family setting that I was in before we get lost. I also used a comical picture of an angry man to show my frustration at the whole situation. Just saying I was angry doesn’t have the same emphasis that the picture adds.
The second narrative reads completely different than the first one. From only the images you can barely guess at the order of events that happened. You would probably only be able to infer that I went on a trip, got in a car crash, and wound up at Shorty’s. However, once you add the written text and arrange the pictures behind it, it paints a much more detailed account of the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment