Friday, November 12, 2010

Mystory

Miami Beach, FL 2007. Lassie saves tree branch from drowning in the ocean

(1) INTERPRETATION
Why did you take the photo? Because I love dogs and thought this one was adorable
What decisions did you make in composing it? I took the picture as the dog was returning a stick a to me
How did your experience, background knowledge, or assumptions shape
this photo? Having pet dogs all my life made me want to take a frontal picture of the dog because I think its the best way to capture them
[REFLECTION]
Try to imaging what kind of photograph the person in your picture might
take of you. If it were possible for a dog to do so, they would probably take a picture of me in the ocean.
What caption would that person add to such a photograph? Dumb human drowns in the ocean
What assumptions would "the other" make about you?

(2) INVENTION
How might this exercise change the way you take travel photographs,
how you represent others, or what you assume when you snap pictures
of other people? I don't take very many photos but it I will probably now think about what kind of pictures they would take of me.
Can you conceive of a different way (or method) of representing
others in photographs? You could represent others with symbols that signify their essence

No comments:

Post a Comment