Friday, November 5, 2010

Photoshopping





The picture of me seen above was taken last year at a friend’s birthday party. Instead of altering this image, I decided to crop my head out of the photo and use it to alter another photo.  By placing my head on top of Vladimir Puten, I made it seem like I actually met President Bush. I thought it would be funny to have a picture like this because President Bush will always be remembered for all of his shortcomings as president. By having a picture of us together it seems as if I was a big Bush supporter, and I endorse a lot of the things he has done in the past. However, when you look at the photo closely, it becomes obvious that the image is false. I have no ties to President Bush nor have I ever been anywhere near the vicinity of the man. Notice how the different lighting on both of our faces gives away the fact that my head was digitally added on top. To alter the image further, I took the second image, made it black and white, placed it within the borders of a Polaroid, and made it seem like it was pinned to my bulletin board. By drawing less attention to the photo and making it harder to see, it becomes harder to tell if it’s fake. By adding on layers like I did in this example, it becomes apparent how someone very skilled could fabricate any image they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment